get connected: 1-855-ORE-ADRC
Tel: 1-855-673-2372

Options for specific help

A Japanese senior couple reviewing information with a woman who is holding papers and a pen

Sometimes you may need help with specific issues. Perhaps your loved one is experiencing some signs of memory loss. Maybe you are a caregiver and need extra support. Or you may need legal help to prevent elder abuse or stand up for someone in a facility.

Here are the options you can learn more about in this section:

  • Caregiver support programs help those who provide support to a family member or friend. Services include education, community support groups and in-home help. Respite services give caregivers a break from their role.
  • Legal assistance can be critical to planning for and solving problems with Long-term services and supports. Oregon private and Legal Aid attorneys can help you establish your legal rights, interests and care choices. Lawyers can also address care-related problems; examples are helping someone whose public benefits have been denied or who has landlord or utility issues.
  • Preventing elder abuse includes keeping it from happening in the first place. It also means keeping it from continuing. Immediately contact Adult Protective Services or law enforcement if you suspect elder abuse.
  • Assistive technology can help people increase, maintain, or improve their functional capabilities. There are many assistive technology solutions to help people remain independent at home, in the community, at work, or at school.

ADRC of Oregon staff are available to help you explore your options to meet your current needs or create a plan for the future.

Oregon Department of Human Services, State of Oregon, ODVA Veterans
© 2014. All rights reserved.